Joint forces detect landmines in West Bengal
Jhargram: Joint forces in West Bengal
on Thursday detected three landmines, suspected to have been planted
by Maoists, at Labhadhara area in Paschim Midnapore district,
The Joint forces detected the three landmines connected
with wires while patrolling in Ladhadhara, they said, adding a
bomb squad was called and the explosives have been defused.
A large number of Maoist posters were also found in the
area, they said.
The discovery of landmines came ahead of Trinamool
Congress MP Subhendu Adhikary`s scheduled anti-Maoist
padayatra in Jhargram on November 12, with Labhadhara lying
Security in the area has been tightened in view of the
proposed padayatra and patrolling by the joint forces has also
been intensified, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today