Joint forces detect landmines in West Bengal
Jhargram: Joint forces in West Bengal
on Thursday detected three landmines, suspected to have been planted
by Maoists, at Labhadhara area in Paschim Midnapore district,
The Joint forces detected the three landmines connected
with wires while patrolling in Ladhadhara, they said, adding a
bomb squad was called and the explosives have been defused.
A large number of Maoist posters were also found in the
area, they said.
The discovery of landmines came ahead of Trinamool
Congress MP Subhendu Adhikary`s scheduled anti-Maoist
padayatra in Jhargram on November 12, with Labhadhara lying
Security in the area has been tightened in view of the
proposed padayatra and patrolling by the joint forces has also
been intensified, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals