Joint forces detect landmines in West Bengal
Jhargram: Joint forces in West Bengal
on Thursday detected three landmines, suspected to have been planted
by Maoists, at Labhadhara area in Paschim Midnapore district,
The Joint forces detected the three landmines connected
with wires while patrolling in Ladhadhara, they said, adding a
bomb squad was called and the explosives have been defused.
A large number of Maoist posters were also found in the
area, they said.
The discovery of landmines came ahead of Trinamool
Congress MP Subhendu Adhikary`s scheduled anti-Maoist
padayatra in Jhargram on November 12, with Labhadhara lying
Security in the area has been tightened in view of the
proposed padayatra and patrolling by the joint forces has also
been intensified, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why