Joint forces hunt for Maoist leader Suchitra Mahato
Kolkata: A day after gunning down Maoist topgun Kishenji in an encounter, joint security forces were on Thursday intensively combing the Burisole forest area of West Midnapore district in search of Maoist woman leader Suchitra Mahato and some other associates of the slain ultra.
Suchitra, who was accompanying Kishenji, had fled after
the encounter along with some other associates and is believed
to be hiding inside the forest. Suchitra and the other ultras
are also believed to be seriously injured, reports reaching
Meanwhile, Kishenji`s body has been taken to a morgue at
Jhargram Hospital under strict security, the reports said.
The joint forces recovered one AK 47 and one AK-M rifle
from the spot where the body was found after the encounter. A
black bag, a hearing aid used by Kishenji and a jerry can were
also found, the reports said.
The entire area was cordoned off by the combined forces
who are combing the forest after a brief break last night.
Police said the CRPF DG was likely to visit the spot
today. West Bengal DGP N Mukherjee would also reach the area
The reports said the police might contact Kishenji`s
family at Peddapalli town in Karimnagar district of Andhra
A red alert has been issued all over the state to thwart
any retaliatory action by the ultras in wake of Kishenji`s
The joint forces killed 58-year-old Mollajulla Koteswar
Rao alias Kishenji in a fierce gunbattle in junglemahal at
Burisole forest yesterday.
Kishenji, a Maoist politburo member ranking third in the
Maoist hierarchy had led the armed operations in junglemahal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!