Joint forces searching for Kishenji in junglemahal
Kolkata: The joint forces on Wednesday
launched an operation in junglemahal after information that
top Maoist leader Kishenji and others could have taken refuge
in forests in West Midnapore district.
"There is a strong possibility that Kishenji and some of
his accomplices are hiding in deep jungles at Nalbani, Lalbani
and Khusbani in Jhargram area. We have sealed all exit
routes," a top Counter Insurgency Force officer said on
condition of anonymity.
Asked whether Kishenji has been arrested, the
officer said "He has not been arrested so far, but there are
indications that Kishenji and Suchitra Mahato are present in
He said that additional forces have also been sought.
"Once the forces arrive we will go for the final assault."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt