Joint forces searching for Kishenji in junglemahal
Kolkata: The joint forces on Wednesday
launched an operation in junglemahal after information that
top Maoist leader Kishenji and others could have taken refuge
in forests in West Midnapore district.
"There is a strong possibility that Kishenji and some of
his accomplices are hiding in deep jungles at Nalbani, Lalbani
and Khusbani in Jhargram area. We have sealed all exit
routes," a top Counter Insurgency Force officer said on
condition of anonymity.
Asked whether Kishenji has been arrested, the
officer said "He has not been arrested so far, but there are
indications that Kishenji and Suchitra Mahato are present in
He said that additional forces have also been sought.
"Once the forces arrive we will go for the final assault."
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?