Joshi dismisses Mamata`s demand for financial package
Kolkata: AICC General Secretary CP Joshi on Monday dismissed Mamata Banerjee`s demand for a financial package from the Centre to tide over the debt crisis, saying devolution of fund to the states is determined by Finance Commissions.
"Devolution of fund to various states is clearly determined by the formula evolved by Finance Commissions and no state could be taken as exception to it," Joshi, who is appointed in-charge of West Bengal, said.
Ever since she took over as the Chief Minister of West Bengal, Banerjee had been urging the UPA-II government to grant a financial package to repay the huge interest burden on loans taken by the previous government or a three-year moratorium on repayment of interest.
Banerjee claimed her government had inherited a debt burden of of over Rs 2,00,000 crore from the Left Front government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?