Journalists demand start of pension dues
Canning: Journalists under the banner of Indian Journalists Association on Sunday demanded immediate start of pension dues for the retired journalists in West Bengal at their 90th annual general meeting held in
"We demand immediate start of the pension dues for the retired journalists. Previous Left Front government started the monthly pension for journalists.
This has been discontinued since the present state government came to
power," IJA secretary Sahajan Siraj said.
Mrinal Biswas was elected president and Siraj was elected secretary of the association at the annual general meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...