Journalists demand start of pension dues
Canning: Journalists under the banner of Indian Journalists Association on Sunday demanded immediate start of pension dues for the retired journalists in West Bengal at their 90th annual general meeting held in
"We demand immediate start of the pension dues for the retired journalists. Previous Left Front government started the monthly pension for journalists.
This has been discontinued since the present state government came to
power," IJA secretary Sahajan Siraj said.
Mrinal Biswas was elected president and Siraj was elected secretary of the association at the annual general meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas