Journalists demand start of pension dues
Canning: Journalists under the banner of Indian Journalists Association on Sunday demanded immediate start of pension dues for the retired journalists in West Bengal at their 90th annual general meeting held in
"We demand immediate start of the pension dues for the retired journalists. Previous Left Front government started the monthly pension for journalists.
This has been discontinued since the present state government came to
power," IJA secretary Sahajan Siraj said.
Mrinal Biswas was elected president and Siraj was elected secretary of the association at the annual general meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional