Journalists demand start of pension dues
Canning: Journalists under the banner of Indian Journalists Association on Sunday demanded immediate start of pension dues for the retired journalists in West Bengal at their 90th annual general meeting held in
"We demand immediate start of the pension dues for the retired journalists. Previous Left Front government started the monthly pension for journalists.
This has been discontinued since the present state government came to
power," IJA secretary Sahajan Siraj said.
Mrinal Biswas was elected president and Siraj was elected secretary of the association at the annual general meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi