Journalists demand start of pension dues
Canning: Journalists under the banner of Indian Journalists Association on Sunday demanded immediate start of pension dues for the retired journalists in West Bengal at their 90th annual general meeting held in
"We demand immediate start of the pension dues for the retired journalists. Previous Left Front government started the monthly pension for journalists.
This has been discontinued since the present state government came to
power," IJA secretary Sahajan Siraj said.
Mrinal Biswas was elected president and Siraj was elected secretary of the association at the annual general meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies