Judge releases Singur case
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court judge
hearing the Tata Motors` challenge of the Singur Land
Rehabilitation and Development Act today recused himself from
Justice Saumitra Pal recused from the case on personal
grounds. The judge said he personally knows one of the persons
whose names appeared in the files relating to the case.
The case has now been sent back to Chief Justice J N
Patel who would reassign the matter to another judge of the
With the Supreme Court on June 29 granting interim stay
on distribution of the 540 acres, taken back from TML, to
the farmers till disposal of the case before the high court,
this development is likely to cause a delay.
The Calcutta High Court has been hearing the matter on
a daily basis since the first week of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?