Judge releases Singur case
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court judge
hearing the Tata Motors` challenge of the Singur Land
Rehabilitation and Development Act today recused himself from
Justice Saumitra Pal recused from the case on personal
grounds. The judge said he personally knows one of the persons
whose names appeared in the files relating to the case.
The case has now been sent back to Chief Justice J N
Patel who would reassign the matter to another judge of the
With the Supreme Court on June 29 granting interim stay
on distribution of the 540 acres, taken back from TML, to
the farmers till disposal of the case before the high court,
this development is likely to cause a delay.
The Calcutta High Court has been hearing the matter on
a daily basis since the first week of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional