Judge releases Singur case
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court judge
hearing the Tata Motors` challenge of the Singur Land
Rehabilitation and Development Act today recused himself from
Justice Saumitra Pal recused from the case on personal
grounds. The judge said he personally knows one of the persons
whose names appeared in the files relating to the case.
The case has now been sent back to Chief Justice J N
Patel who would reassign the matter to another judge of the
With the Supreme Court on June 29 granting interim stay
on distribution of the 540 acres, taken back from TML, to
the farmers till disposal of the case before the high court,
this development is likely to cause a delay.
The Calcutta High Court has been hearing the matter on
a daily basis since the first week of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Manohar Parrikar on missing AN-32 aircraft
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up