Judge releases Singur case
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court judge
hearing the Tata Motors` challenge of the Singur Land
Rehabilitation and Development Act today recused himself from
Justice Saumitra Pal recused from the case on personal
grounds. The judge said he personally knows one of the persons
whose names appeared in the files relating to the case.
The case has now been sent back to Chief Justice J N
Patel who would reassign the matter to another judge of the
With the Supreme Court on June 29 granting interim stay
on distribution of the 540 acres, taken back from TML, to
the farmers till disposal of the case before the high court,
this development is likely to cause a delay.
The Calcutta High Court has been hearing the matter on
a daily basis since the first week of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Cow creates chaos near Parliament area!
- Sinners offering money to temples for solace: Chandrababu Naidu
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured