Junior doctors’ strike enters third day
Kolkata: A patient reportedly died as
medical services at a state-run hospital here remained hit for
the third consecutive day with junior doctors on strike and
local people threatening to gherao them for the restoration of
Local people near the National Medical College and
Hospital threatened to gherao the 300 junior doctors who went
on strike on Thursday night following alleged assault of
colleagues after the death of a patient, police said.
The locals also alleged that a patient had died at the
hospital as medical services had been crippled. A section of
nurses has also joined the stir.
The junior doctors stuck to their demand for the personal
intervention of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who also holds
the health portfolio, to address their grievances and arrange
for proper security.
The hospital authorities were not available for comment.
Director of Medical Education, Sushanta Bandopadhay had
yesterday said doctors might be requisitioned from other
hospitals due to the ongoing strike.
Patients are being taken to other hospitals as medical
services remain affected at the Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’