Justice not done to Justice Sen: Somnath
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee on Friday said "justice has not been done" to Justice Soumitra Sen by the adoption of the impeachment motion against him by the Rajya Sabha.
“It is a very sad day for the judiciary and Parliament and justice has not been done to Justice Sen," Chatterjee said.
"I am mentally upset that the matter has been decided at the political level though it was well known that whips had been issued to respective parties on voting on the issue," he said.
Chatterjee said he was making the comments with respect to members of the Rajya Sabha who sought to settle the issue between Parliament and the judiciary.
"What else will I say on the issue? I am very unhappy," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH