Justice not done to Justice Sen: Somnath
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee on Friday said "justice has not been done" to Justice Soumitra Sen by the adoption of the impeachment motion against him by the Rajya Sabha.
“It is a very sad day for the judiciary and Parliament and justice has not been done to Justice Sen," Chatterjee said.
"I am mentally upset that the matter has been decided at the political level though it was well known that whips had been issued to respective parties on voting on the issue," he said.
Chatterjee said he was making the comments with respect to members of the Rajya Sabha who sought to settle the issue between Parliament and the judiciary.
"What else will I say on the issue? I am very unhappy," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town