Jyoti Basu hospitalised with chest infection; condition stable
Kolkata: Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu was
today admitted to the intensive care unit of a Salt Lake
hospital with chest infection as doctors attending him
described his condition as stable.
The 95-year-old was earlier closely examined at his
Indira Bhavan residence by a four-member team of doctors,
headed by his personal physician A K Maity, who finally
decided to admit him to AMRI hospital for a thorough treatment
of his bronchial congestion.
The former chief minister`s personal aide told that
the Marxist veteran`s other health parameters were okay.
Doctors said Basu was taken inside the ICCU and an x-ray
was conducted on his chest.
"Basu`s treatment will start shortly and his breathing
problem is not that acute," said one of his doctors Trishit
He said the doctors considered that it was "high time"
Basu was shifted to hospital for thorough treatment of his
Basu was last admitted to hospital on July 12 after he
fainted at his residence following breathing trouble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest