Jyoti Basu hospitalised with chest infection; condition stable
Kolkata: Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu was
today admitted to the intensive care unit of a Salt Lake
hospital with chest infection as doctors attending him
described his condition as stable.
The 95-year-old was earlier closely examined at his
Indira Bhavan residence by a four-member team of doctors,
headed by his personal physician A K Maity, who finally
decided to admit him to AMRI hospital for a thorough treatment
of his bronchial congestion.
The former chief minister`s personal aide told that
the Marxist veteran`s other health parameters were okay.
Doctors said Basu was taken inside the ICCU and an x-ray
was conducted on his chest.
"Basu`s treatment will start shortly and his breathing
problem is not that acute," said one of his doctors Trishit
He said the doctors considered that it was "high time"
Basu was shifted to hospital for thorough treatment of his
Basu was last admitted to hospital on July 12 after he
fainted at his residence following breathing trouble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!