Jyoti Basu hospitalised with chest infection; condition stable
Kolkata: Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu was
today admitted to the intensive care unit of a Salt Lake
hospital with chest infection as doctors attending him
described his condition as stable.
The 95-year-old was earlier closely examined at his
Indira Bhavan residence by a four-member team of doctors,
headed by his personal physician A K Maity, who finally
decided to admit him to AMRI hospital for a thorough treatment
of his bronchial congestion.
The former chief minister`s personal aide told that
the Marxist veteran`s other health parameters were okay.
Doctors said Basu was taken inside the ICCU and an x-ray
was conducted on his chest.
"Basu`s treatment will start shortly and his breathing
problem is not that acute," said one of his doctors Trishit
He said the doctors considered that it was "high time"
Basu was shifted to hospital for thorough treatment of his
Basu was last admitted to hospital on July 12 after he
fainted at his residence following breathing trouble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video