Jyoti Basu in critical state: Buddhadeb
Barasat (WB): CPI-M veteran leader Jyoti
Basu is in a critical state, West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said on Saturday.
"Basu is in a critical state. The doctors are treating
him in a difficult situation. We all want that he should get
well," he said while addressing a Left Front meeting here.
Bhattacharjee said Basu, who had pneumonia, did not want
to be hospitalised. "But we took no risk and had him
admitted (to hospital) on January 1."
He said doctors at the private AMRI hospital, where
Basu was admitted, had consulted specialists of All India
Institute of Medical Sciences yesterday on Basu`s treatment.
Buddhadeb ridicules Opposition`s slogan for change in WB
West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today ridiculed the Opposition`s
slogan for political change in the state, saying that the Left
Front government has empowered the landless and would go ahead
with its industrialisation drive.
"They (Trinamool Congress) say that they want change
in the state. What kind of change do you want? Does it mean
that you are going to take back land deeds from the poor
farmers who were provided land," Bhattacharjee asked at a
public meeting here.
In an obvious reference to Trinamool capitalising on
the land issue in Singur and Nandigram against his government,
he said, "We changed the pattern of ownership of land in the
state. Eighty-four per cent of land here are now with poor
farmers. We gave over 11 lakh acre to landless farmers from
jotdars (land owners). This is our biggest strength.
"Now poor farmers have to decide whether they want
the jotdars back."
Bhattacharjee strongly advocated the need for setting
up industries saying without it the state could not progress.
"Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu are advancing in
industry, but the opposition here is putting up hurdles
against everything, be it electricity or roads or putting up
electricity poles," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?