Jyoti Basu`s statute vandalised
Howrah: A statue of former West Bengal Chief Minister Jyoti Basu was found vandalised in Howrah district.
Locals in Salkia noticed this on Wednesday morning and as the news spread local CPI(M) leaders lodged a police complaint against unknown miscreants for damaging the statue.
Another Communist leader Pulak Banerjee`s statue which also stood next to Basu`s was also vandalised.
CPI(M) district committee secretary Biplab Majumdar termed it as political vandalism to bring disrepute to their party leadership ahead of Howrah civic polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured