Kalyan Singh to go it alone in UP polls
Sultanpur (UP): The Jankranti Party headed by
Kalyan Singh will go it alone in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh
Assembly elections with Ayodhya, price rise and corruption as
its main poll plank.
"We will not ally with any party and launch our campaign
on December 22 from Ayodhya after paying obeisance at Ram
Lala," Singh told reporters here.
The party plans to contest all the 403 seats in the state,
On the efforts of Chief Minister Mayawati to provide
reservation to Muslims, Singh said he was against any such
move and felt that quota should not be given on caste basis.
Alleging that SP, BSP and Congress were trying to appease
Muslims by supporting the move, he said it would not be in the
interest of backward community.
On the issue of splitting Uttar Pradesh in four parts, the
former chief minister said he was in its favour.
Singh said that people would dislodge the Mayawati
government which, he alleged, was neck deep in corruption.
Announcing his support for Anna Hazare, he demanded that
Lokpal should cover corporate houses also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack