Kalyan Singh to go it alone in UP polls
Sultanpur (UP): The Jankranti Party headed by
Kalyan Singh will go it alone in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh
Assembly elections with Ayodhya, price rise and corruption as
its main poll plank.
"We will not ally with any party and launch our campaign
on December 22 from Ayodhya after paying obeisance at Ram
Lala," Singh told reporters here.
The party plans to contest all the 403 seats in the state,
On the efforts of Chief Minister Mayawati to provide
reservation to Muslims, Singh said he was against any such
move and felt that quota should not be given on caste basis.
Alleging that SP, BSP and Congress were trying to appease
Muslims by supporting the move, he said it would not be in the
interest of backward community.
On the issue of splitting Uttar Pradesh in four parts, the
former chief minister said he was in its favour.
Singh said that people would dislodge the Mayawati
government which, he alleged, was neck deep in corruption.
Announcing his support for Anna Hazare, he demanded that
Lokpal should cover corporate houses also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city