Kalyan Singh to go it alone in UP polls
Sultanpur (UP): The Jankranti Party headed by
Kalyan Singh will go it alone in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh
Assembly elections with Ayodhya, price rise and corruption as
its main poll plank.
"We will not ally with any party and launch our campaign
on December 22 from Ayodhya after paying obeisance at Ram
Lala," Singh told reporters here.
The party plans to contest all the 403 seats in the state,
On the efforts of Chief Minister Mayawati to provide
reservation to Muslims, Singh said he was against any such
move and felt that quota should not be given on caste basis.
Alleging that SP, BSP and Congress were trying to appease
Muslims by supporting the move, he said it would not be in the
interest of backward community.
On the issue of splitting Uttar Pradesh in four parts, the
former chief minister said he was in its favour.
Singh said that people would dislodge the Mayawati
government which, he alleged, was neck deep in corruption.
Announcing his support for Anna Hazare, he demanded that
Lokpal should cover corporate houses also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31