Kamduni rape accused arrested
Kolkata: An accused in the Kamduni gangrape and murder case was arrested on Sunday in North 24 Parganas district, bringing the total number of those apprehended in the case to nine, police said.
Rafiq Islam was arrested from a house in Shashan area of the district, Additional SP Bhaskar Mukherjee said.
A girl was brutally gangraped and murdered at Kamduni in Barasat area of North 24 Parganas district on June 7 when she was returning home after college, leading to a huge outcry. Her body was found the next morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof