Kamduni rape accused arrested
Kolkata: An accused in the Kamduni gangrape and murder case was arrested on Sunday in North 24 Parganas district, bringing the total number of those apprehended in the case to nine, police said.
Rafiq Islam was arrested from a house in Shashan area of the district, Additional SP Bhaskar Mukherjee said.
A girl was brutally gangraped and murdered at Kamduni in Barasat area of North 24 Parganas district on June 7 when she was returning home after college, leading to a huge outcry. Her body was found the next morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered