Kamduni rape accused arrested
Kolkata: An accused in the Kamduni gangrape and murder case was arrested on Sunday in North 24 Parganas district, bringing the total number of those apprehended in the case to nine, police said.
Rafiq Islam was arrested from a house in Shashan area of the district, Additional SP Bhaskar Mukherjee said.
A girl was brutally gangraped and murdered at Kamduni in Barasat area of North 24 Parganas district on June 7 when she was returning home after college, leading to a huge outcry. Her body was found the next morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement