Kangaroo court orders woman to be tonsured, paraded
Tamluk: A woman, who lodged a complaint against some villagers over a land related issue, was tonsured, beaten up and paraded in a village on the orders of a kangaroo court in East Midnapore district, a senior police officer said on Monday.
The woman, a resident of Govindapur village, was asked to appear before the kangaroo court which ordered that she be tonsured and paraded yesterday, Sub Divisional Police Officer Haldia Amitava Roy said.
The woman was beaten up by some residents while she was being led around the village, the SDPO said.
Based on the woman`s complaint, two villagers were arrested, the SDPO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing