Kanpur-Kolkata air service begins from May 24
Kanpur: Delhi-Kanpur-Kolkata air service will start from May 24 after its launch was postponed due to West Bengal elections.
Earlier it was scheduled to start from April 27 but was postponed as the election commission has not given its assent due to the West Bengal Assembly elections then.
"The flight service from Kanpur to Kolkata will start from May 24, and Union minister of Civil Aviation, Vayalar Ravi will inaugurated this service " local MP and Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal said here.
"Kanpur is an industrial city and there was a long pending demand from the business class to start a flight on this route," he added.
With the installation of Instrument Landing System at Ahirwan airport here, flights to other major cities across the country will be started soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj