Karat calls for relentless campaign against graft
Kolkata: Hitting out at the UPA on corruption
and price rise, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Sunday
called upon party workers to launch a relentless campaign
against "burning problems" faced by the people.
"Corruption at highest levels has seriously tarnished the
UPA government`s image. There is public discontent against
price rise. Farmers are in deep crisis. Production costs are
rising, but they are not getting remunerative prices. It is
the duty of the Leftists to launch a relentless campaign on
these burning problems," a CPI(M) statement quoted Karat as
saying on the first day of the party`s two-day state committee
Informing that the CPI(M) was launching a country-wide,
five-point campaign on these issues, Karat said the party
would also support the nation-wide `jail bharo` campaign by
the central trade unions on November 8.
Karat called for strengthening of the party politically,
ideologically and organisationally, the statement said.
According to the statement, the CPI(M) state committee has
called upon partymen to lend full support the Left Front`s
campaign in West Bengal next month against price rise, terror,
attack on democracy and the problems of farmers.
While law violation programmes on these issues would be
organised at the sub-division and district levels throughout
the month, the state-level programme would be held on November
29. The state committee has also supported the state-wide law
violation programme by the farmers organisations in the third
week of November, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand