Karat rejects `third front` as an alternative
Kolkata: CPI-M General Secretary Prakash
Karat on FRIDAY rejected the concept of third front as an
alternative to the present political situation in the country
and advocated a non-Congress and non-BJP Left democratic
secular alliance instead.
"We are not in favour of any third front as an
alternative to the present political situation. But we prefer
a non-BJP, non-Congress Left democratic secular alliance,"
he told reporters at the end of a four-day CPI-M Central
While the scams-ridden Congress-led UPA-II "failed
miserably" to run the government in a transparent way, the BJP
has also been "exposed" particularly on the issue of Lokpal
Bill, he said.
People are fed up with scams of the UPA-II government one
after another, besides its "miserable" performance on various
issues, Karat said.
At this stage a true alternative of the present political
situation could only be found in a non-BJP, non-Congress left
democratic secular alliance, he added.
To a question about their stand in the forthcoming
assembly election in Uttar Pradesh, Karat said that the CPI-M
would fight there against the Congress, the BJP and the BSP.
"We want defeat of the Congress, the BJP and the BSP in Uttar
Pradesh," he said.
The CPI-M, which once even projected the BSP leader
Mayawati as a leader at the national level, ruled out its support to her now, while strongly criticising her government
saying "the BSP has a record of misrule with many instances of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested