Kesri Nath Tripathi sworn in as Bengal Governor
Kolkata: Kesri Nath Tripathi was Thursday sworn in as the new Governor of West Bengal at a ceremony in the historic Raj Bhavan here.
Acting Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court Asim Kumar Banerjee administered the oath of office to the 79-year-old Tripathi in the presence of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee and senior ministers.
Bihar Governor DY Patil had been holding additional charge of West Bengal after previous incumbent MK Narayanan resigned as Governor earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why
- Disappointed KL Rahul keeping spirits high despite unfortunate loss in first T20I
- Huge controversy breaks out as Mangaluru college bans hijab, beard; protests on
- The journey has just begun! Sachin Tendulkar lauds Rio winners, predicts greater acheivements
- Turkish warplanes, artillery hit targets in north Syria: Sources