Kesri Nath Tripathi sworn in as Bengal Governor
Kolkata: Kesri Nath Tripathi was Thursday sworn in as the new Governor of West Bengal at a ceremony in the historic Raj Bhavan here.
Acting Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court Asim Kumar Banerjee administered the oath of office to the 79-year-old Tripathi in the presence of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee and senior ministers.
Bihar Governor DY Patil had been holding additional charge of West Bengal after previous incumbent MK Narayanan resigned as Governor earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?