Kesri Nath Tripathi sworn in as Bengal Governor
Kolkata: Kesri Nath Tripathi was Thursday sworn in as the new Governor of West Bengal at a ceremony in the historic Raj Bhavan here.
Acting Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court Asim Kumar Banerjee administered the oath of office to the 79-year-old Tripathi in the presence of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee and senior ministers.
Bihar Governor DY Patil had been holding additional charge of West Bengal after previous incumbent MK Narayanan resigned as Governor earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad