Khadim owner kidnapping case accused killed in jail
Kolkata: Happy Singh, one of the prime accused in the sensational kidnapping case of Khadim Shoe Company owner, was Monday killed inside the Presidency Jail by another inmate, police said.
Singh, who was serving life imprisonment in the Presidency Jail for kidnapping Khadim owner Partha Pratim Roy in 2001, was killed by fellow inmate Nizam in the morning after being repeatedly hit by a brick, ADG prison Adhir Sharma said.
Sharma said an injured Happy Singh was taken to the jail hospital were he was administered five stitches and was later on sifted to M R Bangur Hospital for better treatment.
But due to excessive bleeding, as he was repeatedly hit on the head, Singh died in the afternoon.
"The reason behind Nizam attacking Happy is still not known, but he is not mentally stable. Earlier on one occasion, Nizam had chopped off another inmate`s ear. We are interrogating him," Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister