Khadim owner kidnapping case accused killed in jail
Kolkata: Happy Singh, one of the prime accused in the sensational kidnapping case of Khadim Shoe Company owner, was Monday killed inside the Presidency Jail by another inmate, police said.
Singh, who was serving life imprisonment in the Presidency Jail for kidnapping Khadim owner Partha Pratim Roy in 2001, was killed by fellow inmate Nizam in the morning after being repeatedly hit by a brick, ADG prison Adhir Sharma said.
Sharma said an injured Happy Singh was taken to the jail hospital were he was administered five stitches and was later on sifted to M R Bangur Hospital for better treatment.
But due to excessive bleeding, as he was repeatedly hit on the head, Singh died in the afternoon.
"The reason behind Nizam attacking Happy is still not known, but he is not mentally stable. Earlier on one occasion, Nizam had chopped off another inmate`s ear. We are interrogating him," Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'