Khadim owner kidnapping case accused killed in jail
Kolkata: Happy Singh, one of the prime accused in the sensational kidnapping case of Khadim Shoe Company owner, was Monday killed inside the Presidency Jail by another inmate, police said.
Singh, who was serving life imprisonment in the Presidency Jail for kidnapping Khadim owner Partha Pratim Roy in 2001, was killed by fellow inmate Nizam in the morning after being repeatedly hit by a brick, ADG prison Adhir Sharma said.
Sharma said an injured Happy Singh was taken to the jail hospital were he was administered five stitches and was later on sifted to M R Bangur Hospital for better treatment.
But due to excessive bleeding, as he was repeatedly hit on the head, Singh died in the afternoon.
"The reason behind Nizam attacking Happy is still not known, but he is not mentally stable. Earlier on one occasion, Nizam had chopped off another inmate`s ear. We are interrogating him," Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’