Kishanji`s doctor arrested for Maoist links
Kolkata: A retired doctor, believed to be the personal physician of slain Maoist leader Kishanji, has been arrested for having links with the ultras, police said.
The doctor, Samir Biswas, was nabbed from his brother`s residence in Asansol town in Burdwan district Thursday and later sent to police custody by a local court.
Biswas, who was in hiding for the last three years, is alleged to have regularly provided medical treatment to Kishanji and other Maoists.
Kishanji was gunned down by security forces in Burishole jungle in West Midnapore district in November 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead