Kishanji`s doctor arrested for Maoist links
Kolkata: A retired doctor, believed to be the personal physician of slain Maoist leader Kishanji, has been arrested for having links with the ultras, police said.
The doctor, Samir Biswas, was nabbed from his brother`s residence in Asansol town in Burdwan district Thursday and later sent to police custody by a local court.
Biswas, who was in hiding for the last three years, is alleged to have regularly provided medical treatment to Kishanji and other Maoists.
Kishanji was gunned down by security forces in Burishole jungle in West Midnapore district in November 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!