Kishanji`s doctor arrested for Maoist links
Kolkata: A retired doctor, believed to be the personal physician of slain Maoist leader Kishanji, has been arrested for having links with the ultras, police said.
The doctor, Samir Biswas, was nabbed from his brother`s residence in Asansol town in Burdwan district Thursday and later sent to police custody by a local court.
Biswas, who was in hiding for the last three years, is alleged to have regularly provided medical treatment to Kishanji and other Maoists.
Kishanji was gunned down by security forces in Burishole jungle in West Midnapore district in November 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`