Kishenji`s body to be formally identified by family
Kolkata: West Bengal Police is waiting for slain Maoist leader Kishenji`s family to formally identify his body kept at the police morgue at Jhargram.
"The standard procedure for identification will be followed. The next of kin will identify the body," Director General of Police Naparajit Mukherjee told a news agency.
"We are waiting for the family members who are on their way," he said after visiting the encounter site at Burisole jungle in West Midnapore district.
Telugu poet Varvara Rao is flying down to Kolkata from Hyderabad with Kishenji`s niece Deepa and other Maoist sympathisers to identify the body.
The DGP was accompanied by IGP (Western Range) Gangeswar Singh, DIG Midnapore Range Vineet Goyal. All three inspected the spot near an ant-hill where Kishenji was killed in an encounter yesterday.
Joint forces yesterday killed the top Maoist leader in a fierce gunbattle in a forest in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka