Kishenji`s body to be formally identified by family
Kolkata: West Bengal Police is waiting for slain Maoist leader Kishenji`s family to formally identify his body kept at the police morgue at Jhargram.
"The standard procedure for identification will be followed. The next of kin will identify the body," Director General of Police Naparajit Mukherjee told a news agency.
"We are waiting for the family members who are on their way," he said after visiting the encounter site at Burisole jungle in West Midnapore district.
Telugu poet Varvara Rao is flying down to Kolkata from Hyderabad with Kishenji`s niece Deepa and other Maoist sympathisers to identify the body.
The DGP was accompanied by IGP (Western Range) Gangeswar Singh, DIG Midnapore Range Vineet Goyal. All three inspected the spot near an ant-hill where Kishenji was killed in an encounter yesterday.
Joint forces yesterday killed the top Maoist leader in a fierce gunbattle in a forest in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital