‘Kishenji`s killing will not solve Maoist problem’
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Sunday said elimination
of Kishenji would not solve the Maoist problem in Jangalmahal
and peace could be restored there by tackling the law and
order problem, helping economic development and engaging the
``Elimination of a single individual will not solve the
problem,`` CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechuri told
newsmen when asked if elimination of Kishenji would end the
Maoist problem in Jangalmahal.
He said, ``In order to bring an end to the problem,
three issues need to be tackled. There is the issue of law and
order. All violence has to be stopped. And the government must
engage Maoists politically and remove people`s economic
He stressed that economic backwardness provided a
`thriving ground` for Maoist activities.
``Unless these three things are combined, the (Maoist)
problem cannot be solved,`` Yechuri said.
Soon after Kishenji`s death on Thursday, CPI(M) Central
Committee member and Leader of the Opposition in West Bengal
Assembly Surjya Kanta Mishra had said there was no reason to
think that the Maoists would lose their punch with his death.
"Kishenji as an individual does not matter, because
(the Maoists) are supported by anti-national, reactionary
forces,`` Mishra had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj