Kolkata airport modernisation work to be completed by 2011
Kolkata: Airport Advisory Committee chairman
and Union minister of state for Urban Development Saugata Roy
today said the ongoing modernisation work of the N S C Bose
International Airport here would be completed in 2011.
The Rs 2,000 crore modernisation work would be completed
by August 2011. Around 20 per cent of the work has been
completed and work is going on as per schedule, Roy said after
a meeting of the Airport advisory committee (AAC) here.
AAC has asked the state government to take steps to
improve the drainage system of the airport and remove traffic
congestion in VIP Road, he said, adding that it has also
recommended the government to construct a flyover or
over-bridge at the road for airport bound traffic.
Meanwhile, Airport Director R Srinivasan said he will
send the recommendations to the West Bengal government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown