Kolkata airport modernisation work to be completed by 2011
Kolkata: Airport Advisory Committee chairman
and Union minister of state for Urban Development Saugata Roy
today said the ongoing modernisation work of the N S C Bose
International Airport here would be completed in 2011.
The Rs 2,000 crore modernisation work would be completed
by August 2011. Around 20 per cent of the work has been
completed and work is going on as per schedule, Roy said after
a meeting of the Airport advisory committee (AAC) here.
AAC has asked the state government to take steps to
improve the drainage system of the airport and remove traffic
congestion in VIP Road, he said, adding that it has also
recommended the government to construct a flyover or
over-bridge at the road for airport bound traffic.
Meanwhile, Airport Director R Srinivasan said he will
send the recommendations to the West Bengal government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony