Kolkata airport modernisation work to be completed by 2011
Kolkata: Airport Advisory Committee chairman
and Union minister of state for Urban Development Saugata Roy
today said the ongoing modernisation work of the N S C Bose
International Airport here would be completed in 2011.
The Rs 2,000 crore modernisation work would be completed
by August 2011. Around 20 per cent of the work has been
completed and work is going on as per schedule, Roy said after
a meeting of the Airport advisory committee (AAC) here.
AAC has asked the state government to take steps to
improve the drainage system of the airport and remove traffic
congestion in VIP Road, he said, adding that it has also
recommended the government to construct a flyover or
over-bridge at the road for airport bound traffic.
Meanwhile, Airport Director R Srinivasan said he will
send the recommendations to the West Bengal government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Philippines police chief says 300 officers involved in drugs
- Nissan may introduce electric sports car by 2020
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'