Kolkata airport modernisation work to be over by end 2011
Kolkata: The Rs 2,300-crore modernisation
project of the NSC Bose International Airport here would be
completed by the end of next year, airport officials said
"We have already completed 42.5 per cent of the airport`s
modernisation project and the rest is expected to be completed
by the end of 2011," Kolkata airport advisory committee`s
chairman Saugata Roy told reporters.
"In 2009-10, the airport handled 80 lakh passengers. Post
upgrading, it would be able to handle two crore passengers
annually," he said.
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) earned a revenue of
Rs 85 crore from the Kolkata airport last fiscal.
Meanwhile, a meeting was held to discuss the various
aspects of passenger security and facilitation in the airport.
Roy, Airport Director R Srinivasan and Director (Project) D P
Sharma were present in the meet.
Besides taking additional security measures for passenger
safety, the meeting decided to take steps to curb menace of
touts and unauthorised foreign exchange dealers operating
inside the airport terminus, officials said.
To accommodate 250 more passengers, the transit area in
the airport would be increased by 300 metres, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!