Kolkata experiences the coldest day in a decade
Kolkata: The temperature dropped to nine degree Celsius in the metropolis Wednesday, the coldest day in a decade.
"It is the coldest day in 10 years, it is going to remain at around 9 degrees in the next 24 hours," Met department officials said.
The last such dip was recorded on January 22, 2003, when minimum temperature had fallen to 9.3 degrees, the officials said.
While the temperature was five degrees below normal, the maximum temperature recorded during the day was 19.3 degrees celsius.
"Temperatures are not likely to fall any further," they said and forecast a rise in temperature to 10 degrees on January 11.
The official said that skies would remain hazy for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’