Kolkata experiences the coldest day in a decade
Kolkata: The temperature dropped to nine degree Celsius in the metropolis Wednesday, the coldest day in a decade.
"It is the coldest day in 10 years, it is going to remain at around 9 degrees in the next 24 hours," Met department officials said.
The last such dip was recorded on January 22, 2003, when minimum temperature had fallen to 9.3 degrees, the officials said.
While the temperature was five degrees below normal, the maximum temperature recorded during the day was 19.3 degrees celsius.
"Temperatures are not likely to fall any further," they said and forecast a rise in temperature to 10 degrees on January 11.
The official said that skies would remain hazy for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?