Kolkata-Frankfurt Lufthansa flight makes emergency landing
Kolkata: A Kolkata-Frankfurt Lufthansa
flight with 155 passengers on board, Tuesday morning made an emergency landing at N S C Bose International Airport here following a technical snag in the engine of the aircraft.
The flight, LH 751 had taken off from the airport at 1:15 AM, but soon passengers reported smoke filling the cabin, after which the pilot decided to land, airport sources said.
The plane landed safely at 3:15 AM, they said.
The sources said that the aircraft had developed a `critical engine error`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16