Kolkata-Frankfurt Lufthansa flight makes emergency landing
Kolkata: A Kolkata-Frankfurt Lufthansa
flight with 155 passengers on board, Tuesday morning made an emergency landing at N S C Bose International Airport here following a technical snag in the engine of the aircraft.
The flight, LH 751 had taken off from the airport at 1:15 AM, but soon passengers reported smoke filling the cabin, after which the pilot decided to land, airport sources said.
The plane landed safely at 3:15 AM, they said.
The sources said that the aircraft had developed a `critical engine error`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption