Kolkata gang-rape case: Victim`s parents vow to fight for justice
Kolkata: The parents of the teen girl, who died after being gang-raped and set on fire, have vowed to fight for justice.
The 16-year-old`s father said that the sole aim of his life will be to get justice for his daughter, while the mother reiterated that her daughter had asked her to make sure that her attacker are hanged.
Police have arrested a total of eight men in connection with the case till now.
Meanwhile, the protesters are outraged at the police`s alleged mishandling of the case, and have demanded strong action against her alleged attackers.
The girl was raped twice near her home town of Madhyamgram. First on October 26, and then when she was returning after filing a police complaint the very next day.
On December 23, the girl was admitted to the hospital with burns, but she succumbed to her injuries on New Year`s eve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok