Kolkata gang-rape case: Victim`s parents vow to fight for justice
Kolkata: The parents of the teen girl, who died after being gang-raped and set on fire, have vowed to fight for justice.
The 16-year-old`s father said that the sole aim of his life will be to get justice for his daughter, while the mother reiterated that her daughter had asked her to make sure that her attacker are hanged.
Police have arrested a total of eight men in connection with the case till now.
Meanwhile, the protesters are outraged at the police`s alleged mishandling of the case, and have demanded strong action against her alleged attackers.
The girl was raped twice near her home town of Madhyamgram. First on October 26, and then when she was returning after filing a police complaint the very next day.
On December 23, the girl was admitted to the hospital with burns, but she succumbed to her injuries on New Year`s eve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'