Kolkata Metro installing X-ray baggage scanners
Kolkata: With passenger security in mind for the upcoming Durga Puja festivities later this month, X-ray baggage scanners are being installed on the Metro Railway here on the lines of the Delhi Metro, officials said on Friday.
Part of introducing Integrated Security System (ISS) in the tube railway, the scanners, with state of the art technology of computer control and image processing, provide high resolution and ultra-clear images for easy identification of objects.
Metro officials said the baggage scanners to be installed at all the 23 Metro stations in the metropolis by the end of this month would help in detection of detecting prohibited material and strengthen the security network.
At present, the manual checking of baggage by security personnel is a time consuming process and also raised privacy concerns.
The new baggage screening system comprises of x-ray system, Network Supervisory Work Station, Operator Control Console, Entry/Exit Roller Table and UPS and has image zooming capability to identify objects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj