Kolkata Metro installing X-ray baggage scanners
Kolkata: With passenger security in mind for the upcoming Durga Puja festivities later this month, X-ray baggage scanners are being installed on the Metro Railway here on the lines of the Delhi Metro, officials said on Friday.
Part of introducing Integrated Security System (ISS) in the tube railway, the scanners, with state of the art technology of computer control and image processing, provide high resolution and ultra-clear images for easy identification of objects.
Metro officials said the baggage scanners to be installed at all the 23 Metro stations in the metropolis by the end of this month would help in detection of detecting prohibited material and strengthen the security network.
At present, the manual checking of baggage by security personnel is a time consuming process and also raised privacy concerns.
The new baggage screening system comprises of x-ray system, Network Supervisory Work Station, Operator Control Console, Entry/Exit Roller Table and UPS and has image zooming capability to identify objects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen