Kolkata Metro services disrupted
Kolkata: Metro rail services were
disrupted for over an hour on Friday due to a crack on the down
track near Kalighat station.
A Metro rail spokesman said that a motorman detected
the crack on the track near Kalighat station when the train
was moving from Kalighat to Rabindra Sarovar station.
He immediately stopped the train, contacted the
control room and railway engineers were engaged in repair job.
As a precautionary measure, the Metro rail authorities
suspended services between Maidan and Mahanayak UttamKumar
stations from 3.21 pm. However, services were maintained on
Normal services in the entire stretch were restored at
The spokesman said that the crack was caused due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch