Kolkata police chief refuses to receive delegation: CPI(M)
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Friday claimed that the Kolkata police chief had declined to receive a party delegation on law and order, which it said was `undemocratic`.
Stating that party delegations had submitted memoranda to district magistrates on law and order, Left Front chairman Biman Bose said that in Kolkata district it was decided to submit it to the Commissioner of Kolkata Police SK Purakyastha.
"The police commissioner said he was not ready to meet a delegation from the Left Front, but was ready to meet us if we came individually. I can`t understand what kind of democracy it is," Bose said.
Condemning it, Bose said that the Trinamool Congress had "promised to establish democracy by removing partycracy. We are seeing what kind of democracy they have established”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic