Kolkata police chief refuses to receive delegation: CPI(M)
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Friday claimed that the Kolkata police chief had declined to receive a party delegation on law and order, which it said was `undemocratic`.
Stating that party delegations had submitted memoranda to district magistrates on law and order, Left Front chairman Biman Bose said that in Kolkata district it was decided to submit it to the Commissioner of Kolkata Police SK Purakyastha.
"The police commissioner said he was not ready to meet a delegation from the Left Front, but was ready to meet us if we came individually. I can`t understand what kind of democracy it is," Bose said.
Condemning it, Bose said that the Trinamool Congress had "promised to establish democracy by removing partycracy. We are seeing what kind of democracy they have established”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday