Kolkata police chief refuses to receive delegation: CPI(M)
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Friday claimed that the Kolkata police chief had declined to receive a party delegation on law and order, which it said was `undemocratic`.
Stating that party delegations had submitted memoranda to district magistrates on law and order, Left Front chairman Biman Bose said that in Kolkata district it was decided to submit it to the Commissioner of Kolkata Police SK Purakyastha.
"The police commissioner said he was not ready to meet a delegation from the Left Front, but was ready to meet us if we came individually. I can`t understand what kind of democracy it is," Bose said.
Condemning it, Bose said that the Trinamool Congress had "promised to establish democracy by removing partycracy. We are seeing what kind of democracy they have established”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016