Kolkata police extended to cover South 24-Parganas
Kolkata: The jurisdiction of the Kolkata
police was on Thursday extended to 17 more police stations in the
adjacent South 24-Parganas district in an effort to impove
The new police stations in South 24-Parganas district
brought under the Kolkata police jurisdiction include Behala,
Parnashree, Thakurpukur, Regent Park, Kasba, Jadavpore and
The Mamata Banerjee government, soon after assuming
power, had announced extension of jurisdiction of the Kolkata
police for better police administration.
Acordingly, 17 police stations were curved out of nine
police stations in the South 24-Parganas district, so long
under the West Bengal police, to be brought under the fold of
City police Commissioner R K Pachnanda during the day
formally inaugurated Parnashree police station in the Behala
area, which has been brought under the Kolkata police
jurisdiction at a function.
He promised to provide improved and effective police
service to deal with law and order, crime and provide
community service to the people.
Meanwhile, two new commissionerates were opened in
Howrah and Asansol-Durgapur region during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city