Kolkata police extended to cover South 24-Parganas
Kolkata: The jurisdiction of the Kolkata
police was on Thursday extended to 17 more police stations in the
adjacent South 24-Parganas district in an effort to impove
The new police stations in South 24-Parganas district
brought under the Kolkata police jurisdiction include Behala,
Parnashree, Thakurpukur, Regent Park, Kasba, Jadavpore and
The Mamata Banerjee government, soon after assuming
power, had announced extension of jurisdiction of the Kolkata
police for better police administration.
Acordingly, 17 police stations were curved out of nine
police stations in the South 24-Parganas district, so long
under the West Bengal police, to be brought under the fold of
City police Commissioner R K Pachnanda during the day
formally inaugurated Parnashree police station in the Behala
area, which has been brought under the Kolkata police
jurisdiction at a function.
He promised to provide improved and effective police
service to deal with law and order, crime and provide
community service to the people.
Meanwhile, two new commissionerates were opened in
Howrah and Asansol-Durgapur region during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'