Kolkata rape: Accused declared proclaimed offender
Kolkata: Kader Khan, absconding prime accused in the alleged rape of an Anglo-Indian woman in a moving car here in February, has been declared a proclaimed offender by a city court, police said Sunday.
The detective department of police had sought permission from a city court to declare Khan a proclaimed offender and the permission was granted two days ago, an official said.
A notice has been issued asking Kader Khan to surrender before the court in 30 days. "If he fails to do so in the stipulated time, police can take further action against him including attaching his property," he said.
Police will also release photographs of Khan in newspapers seeking information about his whereabouts, he added.
The victim, a mother of two, was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a moving car in the early hours of Feb 6 by a gang of five after picking her up from Park Street area.
Police have arrested Nasser Khan, Nishat Alam alias Ruman Khan and Sumit Bajaj. However, Kader and another accused Johnny are still evading arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'