Kolkata rape: Accused declared proclaimed offender
Kolkata: Kader Khan, absconding prime accused in the alleged rape of an Anglo-Indian woman in a moving car here in February, has been declared a proclaimed offender by a city court, police said Sunday.
The detective department of police had sought permission from a city court to declare Khan a proclaimed offender and the permission was granted two days ago, an official said.
A notice has been issued asking Kader Khan to surrender before the court in 30 days. "If he fails to do so in the stipulated time, police can take further action against him including attaching his property," he said.
Police will also release photographs of Khan in newspapers seeking information about his whereabouts, he added.
The victim, a mother of two, was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a moving car in the early hours of Feb 6 by a gang of five after picking her up from Park Street area.
Police have arrested Nasser Khan, Nishat Alam alias Ruman Khan and Sumit Bajaj. However, Kader and another accused Johnny are still evading arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown