Kolkata rape: Accused declared proclaimed offender
Kolkata: Kader Khan, absconding prime accused in the alleged rape of an Anglo-Indian woman in a moving car here in February, has been declared a proclaimed offender by a city court, police said Sunday.
The detective department of police had sought permission from a city court to declare Khan a proclaimed offender and the permission was granted two days ago, an official said.
A notice has been issued asking Kader Khan to surrender before the court in 30 days. "If he fails to do so in the stipulated time, police can take further action against him including attaching his property," he said.
Police will also release photographs of Khan in newspapers seeking information about his whereabouts, he added.
The victim, a mother of two, was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a moving car in the early hours of Feb 6 by a gang of five after picking her up from Park Street area.
Police have arrested Nasser Khan, Nishat Alam alias Ruman Khan and Sumit Bajaj. However, Kader and another accused Johnny are still evading arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price