Kolkata rape: Accused declared proclaimed offender
Kolkata: Kader Khan, absconding prime accused in the alleged rape of an Anglo-Indian woman in a moving car here in February, has been declared a proclaimed offender by a city court, police said Sunday.
The detective department of police had sought permission from a city court to declare Khan a proclaimed offender and the permission was granted two days ago, an official said.
A notice has been issued asking Kader Khan to surrender before the court in 30 days. "If he fails to do so in the stipulated time, police can take further action against him including attaching his property," he said.
Police will also release photographs of Khan in newspapers seeking information about his whereabouts, he added.
The victim, a mother of two, was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a moving car in the early hours of Feb 6 by a gang of five after picking her up from Park Street area.
Police have arrested Nasser Khan, Nishat Alam alias Ruman Khan and Sumit Bajaj. However, Kader and another accused Johnny are still evading arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals