Kolkata rape: Accused declared proclaimed offender
Kolkata: Kader Khan, absconding prime accused in the alleged rape of an Anglo-Indian woman in a moving car here in February, has been declared a proclaimed offender by a city court, police said Sunday.
The detective department of police had sought permission from a city court to declare Khan a proclaimed offender and the permission was granted two days ago, an official said.
A notice has been issued asking Kader Khan to surrender before the court in 30 days. "If he fails to do so in the stipulated time, police can take further action against him including attaching his property," he said.
Police will also release photographs of Khan in newspapers seeking information about his whereabouts, he added.
The victim, a mother of two, was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a moving car in the early hours of Feb 6 by a gang of five after picking her up from Park Street area.
Police have arrested Nasser Khan, Nishat Alam alias Ruman Khan and Sumit Bajaj. However, Kader and another accused Johnny are still evading arrest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed