Kolkata to have loudspeakers to address riots
Kolkata: Taking a clue from the recent violence in Assam, the West Bengal government has decided to install loudspeakers at important places in Kolkata to address mobs during a riot-like situation or during a natural disaster.
"We have decided to install public addressing systems in the city, which will be controlled directly from Writers` Building. It will help us to interact with the people from any part of the city," said Disaster Management Minister Javed Khan.
Loudspeakers and public address systems will be used to inform people of the dos and don`ts during a disaster and riot-like situation.
Khan said it will help to increase the vigil through the city from the 24x7 control room at Writers` Buildings.
Other important towns in West Bengal will also have loudspeakers installed after Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'