Kolkata traffic thrown out of gear by twin rallies
Kolkata: The commuters in the city had a harrowing time on Monday as the traffic went haywire due to two political rallies organised by the Trinamool Congress and the BJP.
The Trinamool Congress held a huge procession, to protest against rail fare hike, marching from the Raja Subodh Mullick Square to the Gandhi statue on Mayo Road followed by a meeting on Mayo road.
The BJP too organized a big procession from the College Sqaure area to the Rani Rasmoni road area followed by a public meeting.
The entire central Kolkata was paralysed as roads were clogged with hundreds of vehicles standing bumper-to-bumper.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times