Kolkata traffic thrown out of gear by twin rallies
Kolkata: The commuters in the city had a harrowing time on Monday as the traffic went haywire due to two political rallies organised by the Trinamool Congress and the BJP.
The Trinamool Congress held a huge procession, to protest against rail fare hike, marching from the Raja Subodh Mullick Square to the Gandhi statue on Mayo Road followed by a meeting on Mayo road.
The BJP too organized a big procession from the College Sqaure area to the Rani Rasmoni road area followed by a public meeting.
The entire central Kolkata was paralysed as roads were clogged with hundreds of vehicles standing bumper-to-bumper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi