Kolkata traffic thrown out of gear by twin rallies
Kolkata: The commuters in the city had a harrowing time on Monday as the traffic went haywire due to two political rallies organised by the Trinamool Congress and the BJP.
The Trinamool Congress held a huge procession, to protest against rail fare hike, marching from the Raja Subodh Mullick Square to the Gandhi statue on Mayo Road followed by a meeting on Mayo road.
The BJP too organized a big procession from the College Sqaure area to the Rani Rasmoni road area followed by a public meeting.
The entire central Kolkata was paralysed as roads were clogged with hundreds of vehicles standing bumper-to-bumper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range