Kunal Ghosh grilled for 3 hours in chit fund scam
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh was on Wednesday grilled for over three hours in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam case after being summoned by Bidhannagar police for the fourth time within the span of a month.
Refusing to divulge details about the questioning, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Detective Department), Arnab Ghosh, said that Ghosh has been summoned for a fifth time tomorrow at 12.00 noon for further interrogation.
On whether there was any possibility of Ghosh being arrested, the DCDD said, "What prompted you to come to this conclusion?"
Sources said that the interrogation was held to verify several facts which had come to light since April during the Saradha investigation.
Upon arrival at Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate today, the defiant MP said, "I must try to answer all queries from those investigating the case. The allegations against me are baseless and I was never involved (in the irregularities).
"I cleared all dues of my employees even when the company was facing a major crisis," Ghosh claimed.
Ghosh, the former head of Saradha`s media arm, had earlier said he would be available whenever required by Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate, which is inquiring into the scam.
A few days back, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha media and a close Ghosh aide, was remanded in police custody for seven days in connection with the scam.
Ghosh was suspended from the party on September 28 for anti-party activities.
The Saradha scam came to light in April as the company had no other option but to close its business in the state after failing to pay back depositors who had invested with it, lured by the promise of huge returns.
Saradha Chairman Sudipta Sen was arrested, along with his close aides from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir in April of this year.
Ghosh had earlier threatened to "reveal many things" if he were to be arrested in the Saradha chit fund case.
He has demanded an intra-party inquiry panel saying he had much to tell the party leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head