Kunal Ghosh remanded to 7 days` police custody in fresh case
Barasat: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was on Saturday remanded to seven days` police custody by a local court here in a fresh case.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Madhumita Ghosh remanded Ghosh to seven days` police custody in connection with a case lodged against him under the sections 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code.
The case was filed by an investor on April 22 this year.
He was arrested on November 23 by the Bidhannagar police in the Saradha Group ponzi scam.
Ghosh, the CEO of Saradha Group`s media arm, was earlier charged by the Bidhannagar police under sections 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 120B (conspiracy) of the IPC.
The Bidhannagar police made the arrest on a complaint filed by the general manager of a Saradha Group company, Broadcast Worldwide against Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam