Kunal Ghosh remanded to 7 days` police custody in fresh case
Barasat: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was on Saturday remanded to seven days` police custody by a local court here in a fresh case.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Madhumita Ghosh remanded Ghosh to seven days` police custody in connection with a case lodged against him under the sections 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code.
The case was filed by an investor on April 22 this year.
He was arrested on November 23 by the Bidhannagar police in the Saradha Group ponzi scam.
Ghosh, the CEO of Saradha Group`s media arm, was earlier charged by the Bidhannagar police under sections 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 120B (conspiracy) of the IPC.
The Bidhannagar police made the arrest on a complaint filed by the general manager of a Saradha Group company, Broadcast Worldwide against Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more