Kunal Ghosh remanded to 7 days` police custody in fresh case
Barasat: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was on Saturday remanded to seven days` police custody by a local court here in a fresh case.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Madhumita Ghosh remanded Ghosh to seven days` police custody in connection with a case lodged against him under the sections 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code.
The case was filed by an investor on April 22 this year.
He was arrested on November 23 by the Bidhannagar police in the Saradha Group ponzi scam.
Ghosh, the CEO of Saradha Group`s media arm, was earlier charged by the Bidhannagar police under sections 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 120B (conspiracy) of the IPC.
The Bidhannagar police made the arrest on a complaint filed by the general manager of a Saradha Group company, Broadcast Worldwide against Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan