Kunal Ghosh summoned for sixth time by police
Kolkata: Dissident Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was summoned on Thursday for the sixth time during the month by the Bidhanagar police for questioning regarding the Saradha chitfund scam case.
"I have been summoned. As I have said earlier I will fully cooperate with the authorities whenever I am called," Ghosh told reporters at the Bidhannagar Police commissionerate.
Ghosh, who was the Saradha Media Group CEO, had earlier threatened revelations if he was arrested in the chitfund case.
He has demanded an inquiry saying he had much to tell the party leadership.
Ghosh was suspended from the party on September 28 for anti-party activities.
A few days ago, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha media and a close aide of Ghosh was remanded to police custody for seven days in the scam case.
The Saradha scam which duped lakhs of investors came to light in April when group chairman Sudipta Sen was arrested along with two others from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir in the same month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued