Kunal Ghosh writes to Mamata seeking revocation of suspension
Kolkata: A day after he was suspended from Trinamool Congress for anti-party activities, MP Kunal Ghosh on Sunday wrote to party supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, seeking revocation of the suspension order.
Ghosh said he was ready to face an intra-party inquiry into the allegations made by him.
"I have written a letter to Mamata Banerjee seeking revocation of the order of suspension from Trinamool Congress that I have been served with. I am ready to face any intra- party inquiry over allegations that I had made," Ghosh said.
The MP said he had also written to TMC leader Partha Chatterjee and Mukul Roy over the suspension.
Ghosh, who was served a show-cause notice by TMC for making anti-party statements, was suspended from the party yesterday.
The MP, who had recently demanded a CBI inquiry into the Saradha Group scam, was summoned by police thrice last week for questioning.
He had threatened to "reveal many things" if arrested in the Saradha chitfund case.
Meanwhile, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha Group`s media wing and a close aide of Ghosh, was yesterday arrested in connection with the scam just hours after Ghosh was suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues