Kunal Ghosh writes to Mamata seeking revocation of suspension
Kolkata: A day after he was suspended from Trinamool Congress for anti-party activities, MP Kunal Ghosh on Sunday wrote to party supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, seeking revocation of the suspension order.
Ghosh said he was ready to face an intra-party inquiry into the allegations made by him.
"I have written a letter to Mamata Banerjee seeking revocation of the order of suspension from Trinamool Congress that I have been served with. I am ready to face any intra- party inquiry over allegations that I had made," Ghosh said.
The MP said he had also written to TMC leader Partha Chatterjee and Mukul Roy over the suspension.
Ghosh, who was served a show-cause notice by TMC for making anti-party statements, was suspended from the party yesterday.
The MP, who had recently demanded a CBI inquiry into the Saradha Group scam, was summoned by police thrice last week for questioning.
He had threatened to "reveal many things" if arrested in the Saradha chitfund case.
Meanwhile, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha Group`s media wing and a close aide of Ghosh, was yesterday arrested in connection with the scam just hours after Ghosh was suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?