Kunal Ghosh writes to Mamata seeking revocation of suspension
Kolkata: A day after he was suspended from Trinamool Congress for anti-party activities, MP Kunal Ghosh on Sunday wrote to party supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, seeking revocation of the suspension order.
Ghosh said he was ready to face an intra-party inquiry into the allegations made by him.
"I have written a letter to Mamata Banerjee seeking revocation of the order of suspension from Trinamool Congress that I have been served with. I am ready to face any intra- party inquiry over allegations that I had made," Ghosh said.
The MP said he had also written to TMC leader Partha Chatterjee and Mukul Roy over the suspension.
Ghosh, who was served a show-cause notice by TMC for making anti-party statements, was suspended from the party yesterday.
The MP, who had recently demanded a CBI inquiry into the Saradha Group scam, was summoned by police thrice last week for questioning.
He had threatened to "reveal many things" if arrested in the Saradha chitfund case.
Meanwhile, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha Group`s media wing and a close aide of Ghosh, was yesterday arrested in connection with the scam just hours after Ghosh was suspended.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists