Lalgarh killings: Bengal governor expresses anguish
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor M K
Narayanan on Friday expressed anguish at the armed attack on
villagers in Lalgarh and said action was needed to curb the
spiralling incidents of violence in the state.
"Violence is not expected in a democracy," he told
Narayanan said that he would talk to Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on the issue.
"Action is needed," he governor said referring to the
need to take firm action to tackle the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday