Lalgarh killings: Bengal governor expresses anguish
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor M K
Narayanan on Friday expressed anguish at the armed attack on
villagers in Lalgarh and said action was needed to curb the
spiralling incidents of violence in the state.
"Violence is not expected in a democracy," he told
Narayanan said that he would talk to Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on the issue.
"Action is needed," he governor said referring to the
need to take firm action to tackle the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- 41 years of Emergency: NDA ministers to attend rallies to highlight Congress' 'excesses' in 1975
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM