Land at Singur was utilised: Tata Motors
Kolkata: The Tata Motors Limited, which has challenged the Singur Land Development and Rehabilitation Act 2011, on Monday told the Calcutta High Court that land leased for the Nano car project at Singur was utilised and not kept idle.
Making a submission in the court of Justice Saumitra Pal, TML counsel Samaraditya Pal said that 997.11 acre leased to TML (lessee) by WBIDC (lessor) was not kept idle from the time of execution of the lease deed to the exit from the site
by the company.
Pal said that according to the lease agreement, the leased land would have remained with TML for a period of 90 years from the date of execution.
It was a solemn commitment made by the state as recorded in the lease agreement, he submitted.
He said that the company invested a large sum of money to develop the land and construct the plant in a record time of 13 months and trial production of the car had already started.
Pal stated that the company had spent Rs 1800 crore for developing and constructing the plant and no stone was left unturned so that commercial production could commence from November 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'