Land needed for widening highways: Bhattacharya
Malda: Observing land was required for widening of highways, WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya on Thursday said this was imperative for development.
"For widening of roads, land has to be acquired. This is very urgent. If necessary, project report has to be prepared for talks with transport authorities," the senior Congress leader told a press meet here.
"No where in the country development can be halted on the issue of acquiring land and widening of roads. This is not done," Bhattacharya said advocating the need for better road infrastructure in the state.
Asking West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to be little more circumspect, Bhattacharya said "we need to have industries."
"There was talk of single window clearance by the industries department, but that is yet to happen. The industry situation seems a little complicated here, we have to change that," he said.
The minister referred to the `deplorable` condition of state and national highways and urged the Chief Minister to initiate talks with the highway authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'