Land needed for widening highways: Bhattacharya
Malda: Observing land was required for widening of highways, WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya on Thursday said this was imperative for development.
"For widening of roads, land has to be acquired. This is very urgent. If necessary, project report has to be prepared for talks with transport authorities," the senior Congress leader told a press meet here.
"No where in the country development can be halted on the issue of acquiring land and widening of roads. This is not done," Bhattacharya said advocating the need for better road infrastructure in the state.
Asking West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to be little more circumspect, Bhattacharya said "we need to have industries."
"There was talk of single window clearance by the industries department, but that is yet to happen. The industry situation seems a little complicated here, we have to change that," he said.
The minister referred to the `deplorable` condition of state and national highways and urged the Chief Minister to initiate talks with the highway authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says