Landmine explodes near TC leader`s house
Purulia (WB): A landmine planted in front of the residence of a Trinamool Congress leader exploded early Saturday at Barabazar in erstwhile Maoist-hit Purulia district.
The police said nobody was injured in the blast at Rajapara village near the house of Aditya Singh Malla, the district secretary of Trinamool Congress.
The landmine was planted by unknown persons at night, the police said.
The police found leaflets written by a Maoist-backed organisation that threatened Singh to quit Trinamool Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details