Landmine found near former Maoist-hit area
Jhargram (WB): One landmine was recovered by security forces from the side of a road in a jungle near Jhargram in West Midnapore district.
The area had been a stronghold of the Maoists and their leader Kishenji was shot in an encounter near the forest last year.
The security forces spotted an wire on an earthen road in a jungle near Barabari village and found the landmine this afternoon in a bush after following it, Additional Superintendent of Police (Jhargram), Alok Rajoria said.
The security personnel were going to Nunia Kundri village.
The bomb squad has reached the spot to defuse the landmine, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them