Landmine found near former Maoist-hit area
Jhargram (WB): One landmine was recovered by security forces from the side of a road in a jungle near Jhargram in West Midnapore district.
The area had been a stronghold of the Maoists and their leader Kishenji was shot in an encounter near the forest last year.
The security forces spotted an wire on an earthen road in a jungle near Barabari village and found the landmine this afternoon in a bush after following it, Additional Superintendent of Police (Jhargram), Alok Rajoria said.
The security personnel were going to Nunia Kundri village.
The bomb squad has reached the spot to defuse the landmine, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar