Landmine found near former Maoist-hit area
Jhargram (WB): One landmine was recovered by security forces from the side of a road in a jungle near Jhargram in West Midnapore district.
The area had been a stronghold of the Maoists and their leader Kishenji was shot in an encounter near the forest last year.
The security forces spotted an wire on an earthen road in a jungle near Barabari village and found the landmine this afternoon in a bush after following it, Additional Superintendent of Police (Jhargram), Alok Rajoria said.
The security personnel were going to Nunia Kundri village.
The bomb squad has reached the spot to defuse the landmine, he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...