Landmine found near former Maoist-hit area
Jhargram (WB): One landmine was recovered by security forces from the side of a road in a jungle near Jhargram in West Midnapore district.
The area had been a stronghold of the Maoists and their leader Kishenji was shot in an encounter near the forest last year.
The security forces spotted an wire on an earthen road in a jungle near Barabari village and found the landmine this afternoon in a bush after following it, Additional Superintendent of Police (Jhargram), Alok Rajoria said.
The security personnel were going to Nunia Kundri village.
The bomb squad has reached the spot to defuse the landmine, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- With Isak Swu gone, Naga peace accord won't be easy
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets