Landmine-like substance creates bomb scare
Jhargram: A tiffin-can like substance with wires around it created bomb scare among the people passing along the state highway at Narayanpur in once Maoist-hit West Midnapore district.
The can was found lying near a culvert on the side of the state highway and locals informed the police and joint security forces, officials said.
Maoists use such crude landmines to blow up bridges, culverts and disrupt communication in the district, the police said.
The road is the main connectivity between Jhargram to Belpahari near West Bengal-Jharkhand border.
A team of policemen and joint security forces have reached the spot and they have closed a part of the road.
The officials of bomb disposal squad have been informed, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred