Landmine-like substance creates bomb scare
Jhargram: A tiffin-can like substance with wires around it created bomb scare among the people passing along the state highway at Narayanpur in once Maoist-hit West Midnapore district.
The can was found lying near a culvert on the side of the state highway and locals informed the police and joint security forces, officials said.
Maoists use such crude landmines to blow up bridges, culverts and disrupt communication in the district, the police said.
The road is the main connectivity between Jhargram to Belpahari near West Bengal-Jharkhand border.
A team of policemen and joint security forces have reached the spot and they have closed a part of the road.
The officials of bomb disposal squad have been informed, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre