Landmine-like substance creates bomb scare
Jhargram: A tiffin-can like substance with wires around it created bomb scare among the people passing along the state highway at Narayanpur in once Maoist-hit West Midnapore district.
The can was found lying near a culvert on the side of the state highway and locals informed the police and joint security forces, officials said.
Maoists use such crude landmines to blow up bridges, culverts and disrupt communication in the district, the police said.
The road is the main connectivity between Jhargram to Belpahari near West Bengal-Jharkhand border.
A team of policemen and joint security forces have reached the spot and they have closed a part of the road.
The officials of bomb disposal squad have been informed, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof