Laptops for Madarsa toppers
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Wednesday awarded laptops to thirty students who topped the Madarsa examinations in the state.
The laptops were given from the state minority affairs department and Madarsa education department to students who had topped Alim, Fazil and High Madarsa exams this year.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee who felicitated the students at the state secretariat said, "We want them to become doctors, engineers and even Moulvis.
Their education will not be affected due to money".
The students were also given meritorious certificates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi