Large convoy of vehicles leave Sikkim
Gangtok: A 92-vehicle convoy of vehicles
from Sikkim left Rangpo for Siliguri today under police escort
even as an indefinite Darjeeling bandh crippled transport in
neighbouring Darjeeling Hills district.
The convoy, the largest ever since the indefinite
shut-down affected movement of transport in the hills on West
Bengal side, moved along NH 31A which has streches passing
through Darjeeling district, official sources said here.
The indefinite bandh in Darjeeling Hills, called in
protest against the death of two persons in police firing at
Sipchu on February eight, entered the fourth day today
crippling normal life with all market establishments and small
shops downing shutters and vehicles keeping off the roads in
the hills area, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality
- WATCH: Ugly fight between Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina during ODI match vs West Indies
- Lenovo Vibe S1 gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
- 'Uncle, please send my sister's rapists to jail'- 16-year-old boy writes to PM Narendra Modi seeking justice for his minor sibling