Last body in boat capsize tragedy found, toll rises to ten
Kakdwip: The toll in the boat capsize tragedy in Muriganga river in South 24 Parganas
district rose to ten, with the recovery of the last missing body, police said.
The victims were part of a group of 50 tourists from Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on four motorised boats on an IRCTC package who had gone to the Sagar Island as part of a
Bharat Darshan tour to offer puja at the Kapil Muni temple, officials said.
The victims were in one boat that capsized on Wednesday, they said.
Six bodies were found by Navy divers on the day of the incident while another three were fished out yesterday.
Four victims, Vinod Sharma (58), BD Bhatt (70), Kamlesh Tiwari (56) and Marg Shree Devi (45) have been identified so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP