Last body in boat capsize tragedy found, toll rises to ten
Kakdwip: The toll in the boat capsize tragedy in Muriganga river in South 24 Parganas
district rose to ten, with the recovery of the last missing body, police said.
The victims were part of a group of 50 tourists from Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on four motorised boats on an IRCTC package who had gone to the Sagar Island as part of a
Bharat Darshan tour to offer puja at the Kapil Muni temple, officials said.
The victims were in one boat that capsized on Wednesday, they said.
Six bodies were found by Navy divers on the day of the incident while another three were fished out yesterday.
Four victims, Vinod Sharma (58), BD Bhatt (70), Kamlesh Tiwari (56) and Marg Shree Devi (45) have been identified so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon