Last body in boat capsize tragedy found, toll rises to ten
Kakdwip: The toll in the boat capsize tragedy in Muriganga river in South 24 Parganas
district rose to ten, with the recovery of the last missing body, police said.
The victims were part of a group of 50 tourists from Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on four motorised boats on an IRCTC package who had gone to the Sagar Island as part of a
Bharat Darshan tour to offer puja at the Kapil Muni temple, officials said.
The victims were in one boat that capsized on Wednesday, they said.
Six bodies were found by Navy divers on the day of the incident while another three were fished out yesterday.
Four victims, Vinod Sharma (58), BD Bhatt (70), Kamlesh Tiwari (56) and Marg Shree Devi (45) have been identified so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon