Last body in boat capsize tragedy found, toll rises to ten
Kakdwip: The toll in the boat capsize tragedy in Muriganga river in South 24 Parganas
district rose to ten, with the recovery of the last missing body, police said.
The victims were part of a group of 50 tourists from Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on four motorised boats on an IRCTC package who had gone to the Sagar Island as part of a
Bharat Darshan tour to offer puja at the Kapil Muni temple, officials said.
The victims were in one boat that capsized on Wednesday, they said.
Six bodies were found by Navy divers on the day of the incident while another three were fished out yesterday.
Four victims, Vinod Sharma (58), BD Bhatt (70), Kamlesh Tiwari (56) and Marg Shree Devi (45) have been identified so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you