Last body in boat capsize tragedy found, toll rises to ten
Kakdwip: The toll in the boat capsize tragedy in Muriganga river in South 24 Parganas
district rose to ten, with the recovery of the last missing body, police said.
The victims were part of a group of 50 tourists from Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on four motorised boats on an IRCTC package who had gone to the Sagar Island as part of a
Bharat Darshan tour to offer puja at the Kapil Muni temple, officials said.
The victims were in one boat that capsized on Wednesday, they said.
Six bodies were found by Navy divers on the day of the incident while another three were fished out yesterday.
Four victims, Vinod Sharma (58), BD Bhatt (70), Kamlesh Tiwari (56) and Marg Shree Devi (45) have been identified so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Apple devices failing more than Android smartphones: Study
- Piers Morgan vs Indian Twitter: The battle isn't over yet as UK journalist provokes fans with THIS tweet
- Dev Patel's 'Lion' to release in Australia
- SC's ultimatum to DLF: Give possession to Panchkula Valley home buyers by Nov 30
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives