‘Latin American states keen on investing in Bengal`
Kolkata: Latin American countries like Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay are interested in investing in West Bengal`s tourism, information technology, and food processing industries, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Saturday.
"They are interested in tourism, IT, and food processing industries. We are happy to hear that they will invest in West Bengal," Banerjee told media persons after a meeting with the ambassadors of these countries at the state secretariat.
The chief minister said these countries would organise a food and cultural festival in Kolkata in November this year.
Banerjee said she requested the ambassadors also to organise a football match in the city before the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
"I told them that we will love to see a football match of the players from Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Costa Rica. I also told them that people of West Bengal will love to see their players playing here...they have agreed," she said.
State Finance Minister Amit Mitra and Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee were also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Most doctors prefer partners from medical profession: Survey
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside