‘Latin American states keen on investing in Bengal`
Kolkata: Latin American countries like Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay are interested in investing in West Bengal`s tourism, information technology, and food processing industries, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Saturday.
"They are interested in tourism, IT, and food processing industries. We are happy to hear that they will invest in West Bengal," Banerjee told media persons after a meeting with the ambassadors of these countries at the state secretariat.
The chief minister said these countries would organise a food and cultural festival in Kolkata in November this year.
Banerjee said she requested the ambassadors also to organise a football match in the city before the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
"I told them that we will love to see a football match of the players from Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Costa Rica. I also told them that people of West Bengal will love to see their players playing here...they have agreed," she said.
State Finance Minister Amit Mitra and Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee were also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!