Law and order situation has improved in WB: Chief Secy
Kolkata: Law and order and situation has
improved and political clashes have come down in poll-bound
West Bengal in the last two months, a senior government
official said on Saturday.
"Political clashes have come down and law and order
situation has improved in last two months," State Chief
Secretary Samar Ghosh told reporters after a review meeting
with top officials of the police and administration at Bhavani
"I have asked the DMs and the SPs to strictly follow
the EC guidelines and regulations for adhering to the model
code of conduct by contesting parties and candidates," he
Ghosh said that specific instructions had been given
to the district authorities in the state to ensure that law
and order did not worsen under any circumstances.
The meeting was attended by State Home Secretary G D
Gautama, DGP Naparajit Mukherjee and ADG (law and order) S
Karpurakayastha, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!