Law and order situation has improved in WB: Chief Secy
Kolkata: Law and order and situation has
improved and political clashes have come down in poll-bound
West Bengal in the last two months, a senior government
official said on Saturday.
"Political clashes have come down and law and order
situation has improved in last two months," State Chief
Secretary Samar Ghosh told reporters after a review meeting
with top officials of the police and administration at Bhavani
"I have asked the DMs and the SPs to strictly follow
the EC guidelines and regulations for adhering to the model
code of conduct by contesting parties and candidates," he
Ghosh said that specific instructions had been given
to the district authorities in the state to ensure that law
and order did not worsen under any circumstances.
The meeting was attended by State Home Secretary G D
Gautama, DGP Naparajit Mukherjee and ADG (law and order) S
Karpurakayastha, among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!