Left alleges post-poll attacks by Trinamool
Kolkata: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Sunday alleged "widespread attacks" on the offices and houses of its supporters in West Bengal following its election rout.
The CPI-M accused Trinamool Congress members of killing Jiten Nandi, a member of its zonal committee in West Midnapore, after the Left Front was voted out on Friday.
"This murder perpetrated by TMC men is the first death in the post-poll violence," it said.
"Reports are pouring in of widespread attacks on party offices, houses of cadres and supporters in different parts of West Bengal.
"The TMC leadership must fulfill the commitment they have made that there will be no violence against political opponents."
The CPI-M urged the state administration to immediately check the violence and apprehend the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town