Left alleges post-poll attacks by Trinamool
Kolkata: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Sunday alleged "widespread attacks" on the offices and houses of its supporters in West Bengal following its election rout.
The CPI-M accused Trinamool Congress members of killing Jiten Nandi, a member of its zonal committee in West Midnapore, after the Left Front was voted out on Friday.
"This murder perpetrated by TMC men is the first death in the post-poll violence," it said.
"Reports are pouring in of widespread attacks on party offices, houses of cadres and supporters in different parts of West Bengal.
"The TMC leadership must fulfill the commitment they have made that there will be no violence against political opponents."
The CPI-M urged the state administration to immediately check the violence and apprehend the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre